How do I know what kind of specialist I need?
When you request an appointment at CEI, our highly trained staff will ask several questions regarding your eye care needs. You will also be asked to describe any problems you may be experiencing. The appointment scheduling representative will then guide you in determining which CEI doctor is most appropriate for your visual needs and schedule your appointment.
How do I know which specialist I should select?
Click here to view a complete list of our specialists. This link provides useful information including each doctor's area of subspecialty and his/her educational background. For further information, or an appointment, please contact CEI by calling 513.984.5133 or toll free at 800.544.5133.
I don't know what's wrong with my eye, but; My vision is deteriorating very quickly; The pain in my eye is intolerable; I've had an accident involving my eye: What should I do?
CEI is the only eye care facility in the tri-state area to offer ophthalmic emergency service care for the management of all types of eye emergencies. Our team of highly trained specialists is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to examine, treat and triage patients. If you are experiencing an eye emergency, please contact our office located in Blue Ash, Ohio immediately at 513.984.5133.
How can I learn more about a specific eye disease or condition?
Please visit the Eye Conditions & Treatment area on our website and find up-to-date information on many common vision problems, their symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment at CEI.
How do I get to CEI?
Please visit the Contact Us/ Location area on our website for Maps, Driving Directions and Telephone Numbers to all our offices in the tri-state area. For more information, please direct your call to the appropriate location.
- Please bring all insurance information, including insurance cards, when you come to any CEI location for your appointment.
- All CEI physicians are Medicare participating providers. Our state-of-the-art outpatient surgical centers are also Medicare approved facilities.
- Many medical insurance companies, as well as HMOs, require pre-authorization for medical services. Please consult with your insurance company or primary care physician to obtain a pre-authorization for services, if required, prior to the date of your appointment at CEI.
- CEI accepts cash, checks, Visa, Discover and MasterCard for payment of services. Co-payments and payment of non-covered services are required at the time of your visit.
- For further information, please direct your calls to our Central Billing Office at 513.984.5102. Our knowledgeable staff will be happy to assist you.