Precautions with COVID-19
- Posted on: Mar 13 2020
Ensuring the health and safety of our patients and staff is our highest priority.
- We are recommending all of our patients follow the recent CDC recommendations and wear a cloth face covering when you come for your appointment. This is highly recommended to help control the spread of the virus.
- Effective March 19, 2020, all elective ophthalmic surgical procedures will be postponed in accordance with the COVID-19 protocols established by the CDC. Patients will be contacted by our surgery schedulers.
- We will continue to see patients needing constant monitoring and/or treatment.
- We will continue to see patients with emergency eye care needs.
Our clinic staff will be in touch with you if your appointment must be rescheduled.
We continue to implement robust protocols in our clinics and surgery centers:
- No companions will be allowed in our clinic settings. If a patient requires a driver, we ask that the driver wait out in their car and we will call when the patient is ready.
- No children under the age of 18 in our clinics or surgery centers.
- If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms which include fever, chills, and cough, please call to reschedule your appointment.
- We strongly encourage following the CDC’s recommendations
- Cover your sneeze, cough and dispose of tissue in the trash can
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60-95% alcohol
- Clean surfaces daily
- We ask for your patience if you experience any delay when calling our practices during this time.
- For more information and news updates, please visit the CDC’s website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Posted in: In The News