Remember safety tips this Fourth of July
Fourth of July means barbeques, pool parties, and of course, fireworks. Make sure your celebration is a safe one for you and your eyes. Keep these safety tips in mind:
- If your celebration includes setting off fireworks, make sure you wear protective gear when lighting them.
- Keep a safe distance.
- Don’t pick up duds and misfires
- Supervise children
- Leave fireworks to the pros!
- Always supervise a grill
- Don’t grill indoors!
- Make sure your grilling area is out in the open
Also, if you’re going to spend your day outside, make sure you keep your eyes safe from UV rays and wear sunglasses!
If you injure your eyes
- Seek medical attention immediately
- Do not rub the eye. Rubbing may make the injury worse.
- Do not attempt to rinse the eye
- Do not apply pressure to the eye
- Do not remove objects from the eye
- Do not apply ointments or take pain medications before seeking medical help