Cincinnati Eye Institute understands the importance of clinical research. Thousands of patients with eye problems come to CEI each week to find leading-edge solutions to their eye care needs. Many travel here from distant states and far away nations.
CEI’s doctors and research staff have been conducting clinical research for more than 25 years and have participated in over 200 prior research studies. Our goal is to pave the way for tomorrow’s eye care and bring it to our patients today.
CEI studies all follow stringent national and international standards and are undertaken under the auspices of independent (unaffiliated) Investigational Review Boards.
Areas of Research
- Comparative Studies of Ocular Medications
- Cutting Edge Cataract Surgical Devices
- Specialized Corneal Transplantation
- Ocular Surface Medication and Treatment
- Iris Prosthesis
- Innovative Glaucoma Medications
- Micro-Invasive Glaucoma Devices
- Rare Eye Diseases
- Inherited Retinal Disease (Stargardt Disease)
- Acquired Retinal Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy, Macular Degeneration)
- Infectious Retinal Disease (Histoplasmosis)