Clinical Research Team
Clinical Research Steering Committee (CRSC)
A subset of CEI investigators from various sub-specialties along with several CEI administrators help guide and oversee the research studies ongoing at CEI and carefully scrutinize prospective studies prior to initiation.
The CRSC Members include:
- Michael E. Snyder, M.D. (Chair)
- John S. Cohen, M.D.
- Don Holmes, VP of Marketing & Business Development
- Amy Jost, BS, COMT, CCRC
- Amy MacLean, COA, OCS
- Megan Kingdon, R.N., CCRC
- Jeffrey A. Nerad, M.D.
- Kerry McGehee, VP of Operations
- Robert A. Sisk, M.D.
- Kavitha Sivaraman, M.D.
Clinical Research Investigators
Clinical Research Sub-Investigators
ETDRS Vision Examiner Certification
- CertifEYED VA
- TouchStone Certification, Inc.
CEI Specular Microscopy Current Certifications
- CIARC (Corneal Image Analysis Reading Center)
- Specular Solutions
CEI Retinal Photographers’ Current Certifications
- DARC (Digital Angiography Reading Center)
- DIRC (Doheny Image Reading Center) – Doheny Eye Institute
- Duke Reading Center
- UWFPRC – University of Wisconsin, Fundus Photograph Reading Center
Previous Certification with Reading Centers:
- DOCTR – Digital OCT Reading Center, Cole Eye Institute
- MEHRC (Moorefield Eye Hospital Reading Center) – UK
- ONRC – Optic Nerve Research Center
- REDIARC – Retinal Disease Image Analysis Reading Center, University Hospitals of Cleveland
- Wilmer Eye Institute
CEI Ophthalmic Imaging and Diagnostic Testing
- Refractometry with phoropter or trial frames/lenses
- Visual Acuity assessment by Snellen and ETDRS charts
- Aberrometry (WaveScan, iTrace)
- Brightness Acuity Testing
- Contrast Sensitivity
- Potential Acuity Meter (PAM)
- Visual Field Testing (Humphrey, Goldmann, Amsler Grid)
- Slit Lamp Camera (Various)
- Portable Slit Lamp
- Endothelial Cell Counts/ Specular Microscopy
- Anterior OCT imaging (Visante)
- Optical Biometry (IOLMaster, LenStar)
- Ultrasound A-scan (Immersion, Contact)
- Posterior OCT imaging (Heidelberg Spectralis HRA + OCT, Cirrus OCT)
- Keratometry(Manual Keratometer, OrbScan, Pentacam, iTrace, Atlas Topographer, EyeSys Topographer, Auto-Keratometer, IOLMaster, LenStar, Hand-Held Keratometer)
- Fundus Photography (Topcon TRC-50DX Colors, Red Free, Auto-fluorescence)
- Fluorescein Angiography
- Fundus Autofluorescence
- Stereo Disc Photography (Nidek Camera)
Present and Past Research Partners
The Cincinnati Eye Institute research team, partners with industry leaders in pharmaceutical and medical device research studies. CEI also collaborates with smaller or newer companies with innovative technologies. The investigators at CEI also participate in non-profit, nationally recognized research projects.
CEI has partnerships with the following industry leaders:
- Abbott Medical Optics
- Advanced Vision Science/Santen
- Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Aerpio Therapeutics, Inc.
- Alcon Research, Ltd.
- Allergan, Inc.
- Advanced Medical Optics
- Aventis Pharma
- Bascom Palmer Eye Institute
- Bausch & Lomb
- Boston Keratoprosthesis
- Cadence Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Carl Lindner Research
- Case Western Reserve University/University Case Medical Center
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- The Cincinnati Eye Institution Foundation
- Clarity Medical Systems, Inc.
- Clinical Research Consultants, Inc.
- CollaGenex, Inc.
- Eli Lilly & Co.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Epico, LLC.
- Forest Laboratories, Inc.
- Genentech, Inc.
- Glaukos Corporation
- GlaxoSmithKline, PLC.
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Haag Streit USA
- Hartford Research Group
- Hi-Tech Pharmacal Co., Inc.
- HumanOptics AG
- ICON Bioscience, Inc.
- ISTA Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- iTherapeutics, Corp.
- Jaeb Center for Health Research
- Kolis Scientific, Inc.
- Lantibio, Inc.
- Lux BioSciences, Inc.
- Marco Technologies
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear®/ Department of Ophthalmology
- Mati Therapeutics, Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- MiraVant Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- National Eye Institute
- Neovista, Inc.
- Novartis, Inc.
- Ocular Therapeutix, Inc.
- Oculeve, Inc.
- OPHTEC USA, Inc.
- Ora, Inc.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Pharmacia & Upjohn, Inc.
- Pharmacia Ophthalmic, Inc.
- PRN Physician Recommended Nutriceuticals
- Proctor & Gamble Co.
- PTC Therapeutics, Inc.
- QLT Plug Delivery, Inc.
- Rave EDC
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- River Vision Development Corp.
- Rx Development Resources (RxDR)
- SARcode Biosciences, Inc.
- Senju Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Staar Surgical Co.
- Storz Ophthalmics
- Tear Science, Inc.
- The Urology Group
- Thrombogenics, Inc.
- Topokine Therapeutics, Inc.
- Transcend Medical, Inc.
- Trial Runners
- United BioSource Corporation
- University of Cincinnati/ Department of Ophthalmology
- University of Cincinnati/ Department of Psychology
- University of Cincinnati/ Department of Medicine- Division of Infectious Disease
- Vistakon Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Wavetec Vision Systems, Inc.
- WCCT Global
Contact the Research Department
For more information, please contact Amy Jost in the CEI Clinical Research Department via telephone at (513) 569-3688 or e-mail: email@example.com. You may also write to us at: Cincinnati Eye Institute Research Department 1945 CEI Drive Cincinnati, OH 45242 –>